In 2004, this ad put out by the United Church of Christ was banned from both CBS and NBC for being too controversial. Watch the ad and consider the following:
- According to the ad, what kinds of people are usually not welcome at church? Why do you think they’re not welcome?
- How does your church or the church closest to your home compare? Are the people who get “ejected” in the ad welcome or not?
- What about you? If you were to build a church, are there kinds of people you would eject? Who would you eject and why?
- What do you think of the slogan, God doesn’t reject people. Neither do we? Are those hard or easy words to live by? Are those words you even want to live by?
- How can you do a better job of not rejecting those who God loves in your day-to-day life?
Your feedback has been received.