Take a minute to read or listen to the story of how the prophet Samuel chose David became the king of Israel (1 Samuel 16). When you’ve finished, watch this video about Rick Guidotti’s organization, Positive Exposure, and discuss the following questions:
- At the heart of the story of David becoming king is a simple lesson: the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart. Do the people you hang out with tend to judge by outward appearances?
- Tell about a time that you have been judged by your outward appearance.
- How do photographer Rick Guidotti’s photos relate to the lesson that God taught Samuel?
- Do you think Rick’s photos are effective? Do they do a good job of showing off the beauty of the people who would not usually be thought of as beautiful?
- Thinking about both the bible story and Rick’s photos, where do you think real beauty comes from?
Your feedback has been received.